The Agonist Forum

To Discuss the femme metal band The Agonist.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Alissa Checks In With Update On New Album

Go down 
AuthorMessage
And2DieIsEasy
The Boss
The Boss

Female Number of posts : 110
Job/hobbies : That Wasn't Random At All
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Alissa Checks In With Update On New Album   Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:50 pm

"Hey everyone!

Thanks for being so patient with trying to track down the new album, Lullabies for the Dormant Mind! Somehow the distributor made a mistake, so if you can't find it at your local store, give 'em hell! But it should be there starting the 24th. If you still can't find it, you can get it online or at any of our shows.

Also, thanks for your great response to my painting! The prints of the portrait will be available online and at our shows for you to take home and frame within a week!

Thanks!"

As previously reported, BW&BK recently spoke with THE AGONIST vocalist Alissa White-Gluz about the band's new album, Lullabies For The Dormant Mind. An excerpt from the interview appears below.

With the exception of lead-off track ‘The Tempest’, which comes off as a solid book-end to debut single ‘Business Suits And Combat Boots’, the material on Lullabies For A Dormant Mind introduces several new facets of The Agonist dynamic. The guys have stepped up their game without boosting the aggression to trendy stratospheric levels, there’s a distinctive neo-classical atmosphere to some of material, and Alissa’s death metal vocals have become positively volatile.

“The first song, ‘The Tempest’, we actually wrote that around the time we wrote ‘Business Suits…’ so it’s pretty funny you’d make the correlation. That song’s been around for a while. But when I was first given the raw material for the new album I was actually kind of worried. Not because I was super happy; actually it was the exact opposite. It was like, ‘I don’t like this song, I don’t like that song, I don’t know where this is going…’ As I started putting vocals on it I could see how it was working. Also, when the guys presented me with the raw material it was kind of hard to tell what was happening (laughs). As we recorded the album I got more and more excited about where the songs were going.”

Where are you now
♥️In Loving Memory Joyce R.♥️

http://chaliceoffemmemetal.forumotion.net
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theagonistforum.forumotions.net

Alissa Checks In With Update On New Album
Page 1 of 1