The Agonist Forum

To Discuss the femme metal band The Agonist.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind

Go down 
AuthorMessage
And2DieIsEasy
The Boss
The Boss

Female Number of posts : 110
Job/hobbies : That Wasn't Random At All
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind   Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Canada’s female fronted band THE AGONIST strikes back with their second full length, "Lullabies For The Dormant Mind." As a first impression of this effort, the two brand-new tracks “The Tempest (The Siren's Song; The Banshee's Cry)” and “Martyr Art” have been posted at the band’s freshly redesigned Myspace site.

The quintet, born in 2004, covers a wide range of styles from classical to black metal. Their debut album, “Once Only Imagined” (2007), caught the eyes and ears of many musicians and music fans alike, and their sophomore album, “Lullabies for the Dormant Mind,” set to be released on February 23, 2009 (Europe) and March 10, 2009 (USA), will once again prove the diverse talents of these young musicians. The a cappella version of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake is only one example of the band’s musical abilities as it exhibits Alissa’s wide range of vocal skills and professionalism as a singer.

Produced by Christian Donaldson (Cryptopsy, Mythosis), "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind" exposes new facets of the band and touches upon classical, jazz, opera, grindcore, thrash and black metal influences in a complete metal opus.

Where are you now
♥️In Loving Memory Joyce R.♥️

http://chaliceoffemmemetal.forumotion.net
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theagonistforum.forumotions.net
Black_Passion_Diamond
Keeper of Peace
Keeper of Peace

Male Number of posts : 55
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist
Humor : Do I need to say?
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind   Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm afraid this new cd won't be as heavy the first one.

That's what my life is all about

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sireniaforum.forumotion.com
i_swim_with_toasters
Website Idiot
Website Idiot

Female Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind   Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:03 am

I absolutely love the name for the album. It's just... moving, I guess could be the correct word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Death_Dies_Hard
Waiting Out The Winter
Waiting Out The Winter

Female Number of posts : 52
Job/hobbies : Tattoo Artist/Piercer
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind   Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:12 pm

I love the new songs. From the new look I didn't expect the songs to be as heavy before. But they made the older songs sound soft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sireniaforum.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind   

Back to top Go down

The Agonist Posts Two New Songs Online, Sets Release Date For "Lullabies for the Dormant Mind
Page 1 of 1